Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

Daniel wrote in message <928626843.723650@diddley.primus.com.au>...
>Does everyone in this group have to argue with everybody elses opions? This
>was a valid point. Why should he have to change carriages? Why should he
>have to wait for the next train hoping that it will be clean? GROW UP!

Hi Daniel,

Grime got everyone offside when he came in and suggested the entire
Melbourne fleet should be replaced. The reason? Because they were too old,
looked bad and smelt.

Anyone with a scintilla of a brain knows that replacing the trains will not
fix the smell, since it is a cleaning problem - if they don't clean the
current trains, they will not clean the new ones either.

As for too old, the Comeng's were introduced in the 80's, hence are not even
20 years old yet - nowhere near being too old (as anyone with common sense
would see).

As for looking bad - is this REALLY a justification to ditch the whole fleet
and buy new trains? The travelling public do not give a damn about how a
train looks, in terms of body styling, etc. Anyway, if this WAS to be the
justification for replacing the fleet, whose opinion do we use? No single
design will satisfy everyone, and what do we do in 5 years time when design
trends change? Junk the new fleet and buy another new one?

His original post displayed an infantile attitude, and this caused a number
of people to take offence. This carried over into his subsequent post
describing his trip from Warragul to Geelong.

DaveP