Re: Unfamiliar FreightRail engine sighting.

Graeme Norton wrote:

> >I thought that it looked like a modified 48, but wasn't sure.  A workmate
> >informs me that it can be operated remotely from the engine at the other
> end
> >of the train.  Is that correct?  What other modifications were done to it?
> >

> They have had problems with the remote controll equipment so they have taken
> it out.

Of course the Pilbara railroads (BHP and Robe) have no problems with
distributed power either. Robe manage to even detach a pair of remote
locos on the fly and bring them to a stand at an unattended siding
where they are attached to the next empty train.

Stuart Turnbull