Re: Unfamiliar FreightRail engine sighting.

John> I *assume* that it was actually "PL2"

You are correct.  That will teach me not to write down the number!

John> a modified 48-class loco (formerley 4871) used on Portlink trains in the
John> Sydney area.

I thought that it looked like a modified 48, but wasn't sure.  A workmate
informs me that it can be operated remotely from the engine at the other end
of the train.  Is that correct?  What other modifications were done to it?

--
Malcolm Purvis (malcolmp@trd.abc.net.au) - ABC Technology Research and Development

"I don't want it to be practical, I want it to be *expensive*."
	-- my wife.