Re: Unfamiliar FreightRail engine sighting.

Malcolm Purvis wrote:

> Seen at about 9:15am this morning going through Lidcombe at the rear end of a
> good train was P12 (I think that that is correct number) decked out in
> FreightCorp livery.  I haven't seen it before.  Does anybody know anything
> about it?
>
> --
> Malcolm Purvis (malcolmp@trd.abc.net.au) - ABC Technology Research and Development
>
> "I don't want it to be practical, I want it to be *expensive*."
>         -- my wife.

I *assume* that it was actually "PL2", a modified 48-class loco (formerley 4871) used
on Portlink trains in the Sydney area. It is the second of these locos; there is also
a PL1 (ex 4848). I'm not sure if any more conversions are to be done.
The conversions are also very recent, only in the last year or so.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers