Melbourne's Citylink Bridge is fantastic for phographing trains!

Last weekend the Citylink bridge was open for pedestrians.

The walk over the river was very interesting, and the views of the city and
destroyed area that used to be our docks were great.

On reaching Footscray Rd on the return I noticed that some people were
walking on the section of the bridge not open to the public (the section
straddling the Upfield line).

Well for a railfan, the views between Footscray Road and Racecourse Rd were
fantastic.

You could see Dynon Loco depot turntable snuggled under the bridge, North
Melbourne Junction and the junction next to the old Four 'n' Twenty Pie
Factory, a nice aerial view of Great Northern's freight depot, standard
gauge lines etc.

When it opens, I can envisage a number of fans experiencing fake car
problems in the area, and putting the bonnet up to enjoy the view.

Just remember your e-tag,

Cheers
John Wayman