Re: Tait Trains and prams

Peter Deighan wrote:

> And I seem to recall ( late 60's - early 70's ) that some Tait sets had a
> special pram compartment
> It looked like a guards compartment, but wasn't.  It was generally near the
> middle of the train.
> And it wasn't the drivers compartment for if the train was split.
> Wasn't the guards compartment just the driver's compartment, but at the back of
> the train?

You're probably thinking of Ringers. They were built in steam days to
become motor cars or driving trailers after electrification, but never
received the equipment. At one stage they had circles painted on the
outside at that end to identify them as being available for passengers,
hence the nickname Ringers.

Cheers
David