Re: Tait Trains

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

>   They were mainly scrapped because they were
> too old, and slightly user-unfriendly.

What! The Taits were the most user friendly train we have had. What other
suburban train can you move large numbers of seated passengers in relative
comfort. And then there were the standees, got a bit crushed then but
passengers in those days were polite and friendly, after all we all had to use
the trains.

I have wonderful memories of belting along the Box Hill line in seven and
eight cars Taits at amazing speeds on the expresses. And as I recall even the
stoppers on the Sandringham line scooted along between station stops. They
were M-T-M down there in later days, plenty of power.

David.