Airport line - track maintenance shutdowns

I've been back in Sydney for a fortnight.

The changes I see in CityRail include construction of the junctions for the
"New Southern Railway" and a weekly poster advising of the very numerous
shutdowns (weren't NightRide buses supposed to fix these?).

I see that virtually every night there is a shutdown of one half or the other
of the City Circle.  I also see that the construction at Prince Alfred Park
seems to provide connections from Green Square towards St. James, but not to
platforms 16 - 19.

This raises the question of how the line will be worked when half the City
Cirle is closed.

A few suggestions:

Buses in lieu of trains between Turella and Central?

Interlocked crossovers from Platforms 20 and 22 to connect to Town Hall?

A subterranean junction to connect to Platforms 24 and 25?

Hasten the Speedrail connection to Platform 15 and terminate there?

Terminate at the crossover near Hay Street?

A long wrong-road shunt at Flying Junctions (e.g. to get to the City Outer, set
back on the Up Illawarra; to get from the City Inner, set back on the Down
Illawarra to Platform 22)?

Single line working from Green Square into Platform 23?