Re: Route 70 Tram (Melb)

Yes, there was a south to west curve from Swanston St into Flinders St.
This was needed for the original electrification in Flinders St: trams were
supplied from South Melbourne Depot.

I don't know about 'Disengaged car', but I could guess at 'Disengage car':
a hint to gripmen to drop the cable before the intersection?

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in article