Re: A Steam Train Passes (was EXCELLENT VIDEO)

robson wrote:

> Ron BEST wrote:
>
> > "Just Australian Trains" put out by ABC Video. Excellent! Includes "A Steam
> > Train Passes"
>
> A Steam Train Passes was made 25 years ago this/next month.
>
> It was shot in late June / early July 1974. The director of photography was
> Dean Semler.

I was lucky enough to be tipped off about the shooting of this film,
which was shrouded in secrecy, being done at the height of Commissioner
Shirley's "Steam Ban".

So I was standing behind the film crew when they shot the old car
rolling down the hill from the church at Georges Plains on the 4 July,
1974.

I will always regret not taking photographs during this filming, but the
crew had asked me not to trip my shutter for the sake of the film audio.

Since the location sound ended up not being used, I should've snapped a
few off anyway. :-) Oh well. I did get some shots that day. :-)

Dennis Rittson

--
drittson@cia.com.au

http://www.cia.com.au/drittson/

"All we are basically, are monkeys with car keys"
Grandma Woody,  "Northern Exposure"