Re: Route 70 Tram (Melb)

Geez, that brings back a vague memory.

I always thought it had something to do with the  taxi rank.  I am trying to
place the location,
and I think you are referring to between Swanston and Elizabeth, heading west?

I doubt if a message on the kerb would have been all that helpful for a cable
car gripman.
( sorry, dont know the non gender specific term)
Plus, why would he have needed to drop the cable there?  Only reason I can
think of would be to
leave one cable and pick up another, but doubt that would have happened there
( don't have copy
of "mind the curve" with me at the moment., but am pretty sure that cable was
continuous to end
of Flinders St)

deegz