Re: Airport line - track maintenance shutdowns

Mcnivenw wrote in message <19990603044814.08089.00000428@ng-fy1.aol.com>...
>I've been back in Sydney for a fortnight.
>
>The changes I see in CityRail include construction of the junctions for the
>"New Southern Railway" and a weekly poster advising of the very numerous
>shutdowns (weren't NightRide buses supposed to fix these?)

Supposedly - but we cannot upset the people who live close to the line, can
we? (The same people who bought the houses at lower than normal prices
BECAUSE it was close to the railway!)

The poster is a good idea though, and is one of the better SillyRail
initiatives - it gives passengers a good idea of what is happening
network-wide - not everyone travels on the one line only.

DaveP