Re: Tait Trains and prams

These cars were usually marshalled in the middle of the 4 car (block) portion of
some of the Tait trains. They could be described as an incompleted D car, ie,
without the Drivers cabin. They were clearly identified with a large white ring
painted on the door and were ideal for prams etc due to the double door and wide
compartment. They were unofficially known as "ringers".

Peter Williams.
Lad Porter No 3142,
Glenferrie, 1956/57.