Re: Batman Avenue Trams Finished!

David McLoughlin wrote:

> Really? They operated out of Glenhuntly Depot when I was a kid in the
> 1970s and I often saw them on the 64 East Brighton which is a Swanston
> St route.

I agree, they were used regularly in Swanston St when they were based at
Glenhuntly Depot. Later they tended to be peak hours only and towards the
end of the time they were spread around the system as spares. The VR cars I
understood were restricted to Footscray - Moonee Ponds because of their
narrow doors. It was considered that they would be too slow in the city
people in each doorway although in practice this does not seem to happen
these days.

David Langley.