Re: The Age today - "Rail Review Gets Released"

David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote in message

**SNIP**

> That's one good thing about Queensland Rail which the others would be
> well advised to follow. By keeping the system vertically integrated, and
> not looking at each individial line or service on its own, they are
> quite happy for the mineral traffic to subsidise some of the lesser lines.

It can be argued this is not such a good thing, as it directs funds and
resources to areas that do not justify it. Its railways for railways' sake.
Don't you remember we build railways to transport people and freight, not to
run trains.

Ben Staples