Re: The Age today - "Rail Review Gets Released"

"< Tell >" wrote:

> A few of us have been saying for a long time now, that
> the States, Queensland excepted, MUST be removed from
> non urban rail.

How does Queensland Rail compare with other railway systems with regards
to:

* Economic viability   (efficiency of the organisation and also
Government subsidies if any)
* Service  (fares and number of locations/stops)

I gather there's more of a general rail "culture" in Queensland.  Every
second person seems to have some involvement with trains, if not that
they regularly use them then they work for them...

Reuben