Free Olympic travel to/from Bathurst?

I was reading the Olympic tickets orderbook and found in the small print
that free rail travel was available from Goulburn in the Southern
Highlands, Nowra on the South Coast, the Hunter Valley and Bathurst in
the west.

If I recall, the only passenger trains stopping at Bathurst now are the
daily Central West XPT and the once a week Broken Hill service. And both
of them are run by Countrylink.

How are they going to maintain a reliable service during the Olympics?
and why doesn't CityRail run to Bathurst?

Jon Lau