Re: Free Olympic travel to/from Bathurst?

Jonathan Lau wrote in message <3754D3CE.5841B8FC@ozemail.com.au>...
>I was reading the Olympic tickets orderbook and found in the small print
>that free rail travel was available from Goulburn in the Southern
>Highlands, Nowra on the South Coast, the Hunter Valley and Bathurst in
>the west.
>
>If I recall, the only passenger trains stopping at Bathurst now are the
>daily Central West XPT and the once a week Broken Hill service. And both
>of them are run by Countrylink.
>
>How are they going to maintain a reliable service during the Olympics?
>and why doesn't CityRail run to Bathurst?

There are also the "luxury co-ordinated road coaches" that operate from
Condobolin/Parkes/Nyngan/Dubbo/Orange to Lithgow, through Bathurst - they
will be accepting SillyRail tickets.

It was announced that it has already happened, but my mother asked at
Penrith today if she could use a $3 pensioner ticket to Bathurst and was
told she could not - so it hasn't happened *yet* - either that or Penrith
was wrong.

DaveP