Re: Reporting Rail-related emergencies

David Langley wrote in message <3753A16B.D92228BE@ancc.com.au>...
>Another time I was technically trespassing near Brunswick signal box
photographing
>the semaphore signals before they were removed and I noticed a broken rail
on the
>up line. I reported to Brunswick signal box that there was a broken rail -
up line
>up leg just on the down side of the home arrival. I felt that he
disbelieved me
>even though I had used good railway language and said that I knew what I
was
>talking about with my railway years of experience.
>David Langley.

I had the same issue at Bacchus Marsh a few years ago. A few mates and I had
been up at Bankbox Loop where I noticed one of the signal lights had blown.
Whilst we were down at Bacchus, I mentioned this to the signalman. I could
tell I was getting the "what sort of looney is this" look so I added
(fictitiously of course!!!) that I was a fitter at Ringwood. This changed
his attitude completely and he said he would chase it up...