Re: Reporting Rail-related emergencies

BJ wrote:

> I had the same issue at Bacchus Marsh a few years ago. A few mates and I had
> been up at Bankbox Loop where I noticed one of the signal lights had blown.
> Whilst we were down at Bacchus, I mentioned this to the signalman. I could
> tell I was getting the "what sort of looney is this" look so I added
> (fictitiously of course!!!) that I was a fitter at Ringwood. This changed
> his attitude completely and he said he would chase it up...

Signalmen are a law unto themselves.  I reported a Guards Indicator Light not
working every day for three weeks until it was fixed.  This afternoon, I will
have to check to see whether they have fixed:
a) The Guards Indicator Light at Banksia
b) The Guards Indicator Light at Arncliffe
c) The Guards Indicator Light at Hurlstone Park
d) the bottom red on SM 567IL at Sydenham

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard