Re: Tait Trains

: Its quite possible no Taits ever ran in the Clifton Hill or Burnley tunnels
: because by the time the loop was opened the Taits were off those groups.

The first train i caught in the loop was a haris from Flinders Street
to Ringwood and the second was a couple of days later from Ringwood to
Flinders Street.  Both trips were via the loop and both in peak hour.

(I remember these trips because both time I thought I was going to
fall out!)

At one stage the Ringwood line had Taits, Haris, Hitachi and Comeng
I used to think would the train be a red, blue, sliver or orange one.

I hated the Blue ones as the doors were always open, the sliver ones
I couldn't look out the window, the orange ones were nice as they
were brand new, and the red ones were the best because I could look
out the window.

I think that was 1983 (I will have to check with my mum)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord