Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Matt Cremer wrote in message <7nl8vh$n5p$1@merki.connect.com.au>...
>qldspeed wrote in message <379d94b6.2006839@bri-news.tpg.com.au>...
>>On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:07:45 +1000, Forg <forg@zip.com.au> wrote:
>>>Interestingly enough, people treat me no differently on the road in the
>>>Volvo than in the Liberty, which is something that really surprised me
>>>considering the misconceptions most people have.
>>
>>Hey Forg!
>>
>>Nobody likes Volvo drivers - Whatever makes you think the Liberty
>>would be respected as much as a Lotus?
>
>Only the misinformed dislike "Volvo drivers", which reinforces my view that
>the majority of the world's population is misinformed (a barrier against
the
>insanity-causing view that most people are just downright stupid) ... ;-)
>
>No, never said that a Liberty would be respected as much as a Lotus. I did,
>however, expect to cop a lot more crap in the Volvo than the Liberty. A
>school-friend's dad used to get bored of his cars fairly regularly, and had
>a different newish-used car every year or so - he was a mechanical engineer
>by trade so the idea of the Volvo appealed to him, but he sold the car
>within
>six months because he reckoned everyone would cut him off, not allow him
>to change lanes, etc. etc.

its not a matter of wether you drive a Volvo, it is how you drive it, drive
like a normal person (stay within your lane unless changing lanes and
maintain a constant speed with regards the traffic around you, merging into
a 110kmh zone at over 20kmh and looking before changing lanes) other drivers
will treat you with respect even if you do drive a Volvo :-)

ant

Helpful advice? That's nothing but
coincidentally arranged potentiality, only leant meaning by the
meaninglessness
surrounding it.