Re: John Laws

Rob Kearey <r.kearey@mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote in message
379E280D.6C0BD3B2@mailbox.uq.edu.au">news:379E280D.6C0BD3B2@mailbox.uq.edu.au...
> David & Sharon wrote:
>
> > I refuse to remain silent for anybody especially at the suggestion of
> > somebody like you who would probably never be able to earn even 10% of
what
> > John Laws earns in a year.
>
> Funnily enough, heroin trafficers earn over ten times what I do.
>
> Creation of personal wealth is a poor yardstick of ethics behaviour.
>
> > All John Laws decided to do was present the bank's side of the story....
for
> > a fee. I don't see anything wrong with that.
>
> Nope, Ttere isn't - as long as Truckin' John clearly states that he
> presenting a paid advertisment. He didn't.

How would you know idiot??? You obviously haven't listened! Each of his "The
Whole Story" segments mentioned they were sponsored by "Australia's Banks".
There is absolutely nothing wrong with letting the banks have their reply to
critisism against them.

> > It is up to the listening
> > public to decide if they are getting a biased point of view and then
switch
> > off. It is a free world and a free economy.
>
> How is the public to know when John is doing paid commercial propoganda
> and when he's just venting on the Issue Of The Day?
>
> > And don't tell me to remain
> > silent. Asswipe.
>
> The word is "arse", you'll find.

No, I'll agree with the word "ass"

> > Did you listen to any broadcast by John Laws as he was presenting the
bank's
> > side of the story? I would say not.
>
> Hardly the issue, David. And please learn to use your editor.

It's exactly the issue as if you had, you would have been able to form an
educated opinion.