Re: EM100 Track Recorder (29 &30 July)

Rod <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote in message
7nl3m4$8cn$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7nl3m4$8cn$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Does anybody know if there is more than one EM100 type
vehicle operating in
> Victoria?

> I don't mean the ex AN unit that is on hire, or the EM120
unit NSW send down
> occasionally.
> To the best of my knowledge only one was bought and extra
bogies are
> available to quickly move it from one gauge to other.
> BUT..a Wodonga Signalman swears that one departed on the
BG and another
> arrived on the SG much too soon after to be the same
vehicle. He also swore
> that they had different Numbers, and showed me the entries
in the train
> register....Now just what is going on??

Victoria (or to be more precise who?) has got a Plasser
Model EM100 track recording vehicle.  It has got a track
machine number like xx.xxx.xxx, and AFAIK two sets of bogies
are held, one BG and the other SG.  Dunno what your mate was
drinkin' :o)  Perhaps the SG one was one of the NSW units,
they've got 2 machines, numbered methinks RVX 3 & 4.  The Ex
AN (now Transfield?) unit is very distinctively shaped, like
the cab of an old truck, AFAIK it's about an EM40.  The EM
number is the recording speed.  Come to think of it,
Victoria has an old Matisa track recording vehicle, but I've
never known it to do anything for years now...It's rotting
at Arden St Plant Depot.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.