Triple M - your railway station!

Whilst listening to the Triple M (Melbourne) Timbo and Bedders Breakfast
show, there were a few things pertinent to rail so I thought I'd share them.

1. John, a Bayside Trains employee rang up during 'Buttscuttling'  to say
there would be 24 hour train services on Bayside lines this New Years Eve.
Does anyone know what frequency (I'd be guessing a half hour frequency like
used to be in the mid 80s)? Would the Nightriders still run (no point in
some ways unless the routes deviate particularly far away from a train line
which I'm not sure many do significantly)? Will Hillside also be running 24
hour services New Years Eve?

2. There is a competition where competitors have to publicly display
cardboard cut outs of Timbo and Bedders (Tim Smith and Steve Bedwell) and
this morning for bonus points they had to have a whole lot of cut outs at
Flinders Street station and collect signatures on petitions (20 sigs = 10
points). Around 8.30am the Flinders Street station master came out and got
stuck into them apparently. Subsequently the SM copped a shellacking on the
radio quite severely from the aforementioned T&B. I am unsure if they were
on the concourse or out the front of the clocks but I am not sure if the SM
had the authority to tell them off if they were outside of the 'fare zone',
being a public place. Either way, even if he did have the authority, the MMM
breakfast show is listened to by a lot of people and I doubt the SM in
question, even if he was only doing his job, did the Hillside PR much good
given T&B really went to town. Does anybody know whether the FS SM was
within his authority to get rid of the breakfast show competition
contestants if they were only outside the station?