Re: Freight Victoria Black

On 25 Jul 1999, Your name wrote:

> I personally use the Sensia 100, and have found it to be an excellent
> film. Found that the Kodak Ektachrome films turned a lot of the darker
> areas of the photo blue.
>
> Kodachrome i found, made a lot of the colours appear kind of brown.
> Kodachrome 200 on the other hand, is shocking as far as grain is
> concerned.
>
> I have made some really good shots using the Sensia however, and the
> colour reproduction seems almost spot on.

Isn't the problem with FV's Green the same as FreightCorp's Blue?
I also have problems distinguishing between the two shades of red on GNRS
locos.
I chased X47 on it's first run on 9083 a few weeks back now and had no
real problems while the sun was perfect.   The FV green is very dark on
my prints, but I would still call it green (just).
I only take prints and use Fuji Superia 200.  Is that a good print film to
use?  I'm fairly happy with it, although I'm currently experimenting with
Superia 400.

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278