Re: Ringwood (new platform)

: The new platform track is due to be completed by 26/7/99, platform
: surfacing is due to start on this date. New departure signals are to be
: installed over the weekend 24-25/7/99, these are to be brought into
: service on 1/8/99, when remainder of overhead changes will be
: completed. It is expected that the first trains to use the new platform
: will run on 2/8/99.

Yes and platform 3 (down platform) will only be used between 6am - 8:30am
and 5pm - 8pm

Just think of the train between about 3pm and 5pm with all the school kids,
all using the island platform.  It will be a mess.

Also to add that the changes to the Up side building were knocked back
and it will remain as it is.  So that will just make things worse.

I say with in a couple of weeks the will use platform 3 6am - 8pm,
surely the set up of the new island platform would make things very
dangerous, I think an O&HS matter might get raised very quickley.

Two trains (up and down) at about 3:30pm the people will not
clear the station by the next train.

(maybe the bridge will fall down, moves a fair bit with one person)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord