Re: [Melb] Hillside Trains takeover: farce?

Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7nb2en$omg$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7nb2en$omg$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> Hmmm. I could not have had a better example of what a backwater that we
live
> in as when, upon arriving back from a trip around Europe having
experienced
> the various Metro systems of Berlin, Paris and London, I found myself
waiting
> for 10 minutes for a train in peak times at Heatherdale station.
Admittedly
> they were running late, but it still wasn't good enough.

You can't go and compare our services to those of European cities.  They
have more money (Not just the transport authority, but the countries.
They're also completely run by a national government.  Our money comes from
the state, which comes from the federal reserve).  London alone has almost 6
million people living in it, while Melbourne has just over 3 million.

Perhaps you could stake yourself on the roof of an adjoining city building,
and assassinate Robin Cooper or the Premier any time they come out of
Transport House or Parliament House?  That way you might have a
1-in-1-billion chance of proclaiming yourself as the Minister for Transport
and run the city you want?