Re: Booked out Melb XPTs

David Langley wrote in message <37971993.D99D9373@ancc.com.au>...

>Now try the above NZ example at Strathfield on a busy morning. Words to
describe
>the ensuing disaster fail me. I agree with Eddie that the NZ style of
booking is
>at best appalling, at worst ..............
>
>If you book late, you take your chances.

But there may be 40 seats on a train that are not reserved. But none of them
may be together. Under the coach way of seat allocations, a group of 2, 3,
4, etc. would be able to be accommodated. With the railways, they *may* not.
If they insisted on being together, they would be turned away. Is this good
business sense?

DaveP