Re: Tonight's Railway Adventures episode

Exnarc wrote:
> > The Victorian tourist railway rules allow ANY unqualified person to drive
> > with the permission of the Manager, Mechanical Engineering at that
> railway.
> > If that person also happens to be the driver on the day (as is sometimes
> > the
> > case), so what?
>
> Quote the rule David.

8.5.3 Authority to Drive
No person other than a qualified driver is permitted to drive on any part
of the Railway other than in accordance with an authorised training program,
or as authorised by the Manager, Mechanical Engineering and provided
that a
certified Driver is exercising direct supervision.

> I doubt if OH&S Regulations would allow an un qualified person to operate
> any equipment unless undertaking instructional training.?

See above.

If you want to comment about OH&S regulations, bear in mind that many of the
DLI certificates have been withdrawn or modified. You don't need a boiler
ticket to operate a locomotive boiler owned by the PTC. With the breakup of
the PTC, I don't know what applies now.

Cheers
David