GSR

Does GSR want bussiness????

I recently had to buy a ticket on the Overland from Dimboola to Adelaide for
my son.

I went to the normal outlet in Dimboola (Caltex Service Station) to be told:

"GSR doesn't let us sell their tickets anymore!!! You will have to drive to
Horsham (34km away) and purchase them at Harvey World Travel"

I drove the 34k's and tried to book the ticket only to be told, "They are as
slow as a wet week in GSR bookings come back in 2 hours and we may have one
for you"

The Overland stops at Dimboola for a loco crew change, passengers can board
there but you can't buy a ticket in the town.

Whats worse, I'm told that though the Ghan stops at Dimmy for the crew
change, passengers have to drive to Horsham, as GSR won't allow them to join
in Dimboola.

If this is the brave new world of free enterprise, lets bring back the old
one!!!!!

Bob.