Re: GSR

RCL wrote in message <7mookm$221e$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...
>Does GSR want bussiness????
>
>I recently had to buy a ticket on the Overland from Dimboola to Adelaide
for
>my son.
>
>I went to the normal outlet in Dimboola (Caltex Service Station) to be
told:

>"GSR doesn't let us sell their tickets anymore!!! You will have to drive to
>Horsham (34km away) and purchase them at Harvey World Travel"

V/Line cant sell GSR tickets. Ring GSR (13 21 47), and purchase the ticket
over the phone and they will post it to you. or book it and purchase it
onboard the train. Just call then and explain the situation.

>I drove the 34k's and tried to book the ticket only to be told, "They are
as
>slow as a wet week in GSR bookings come back in 2 hours and we may have one
>for you"

Once again, book the ticket over the phone and give hervey world the PNR

>The Overland stops at Dimboola for a loco crew change, passengers can board
>there but you can't buy a ticket in the town.

How many passengers travel to/from Dimboola?? Why should they pay for a
staff member in Dimboola when you can purchase a ticket over the phone?

>Whats worse, I'm told that though the Ghan stops at Dimmy for the crew
>change, passengers have to drive to Horsham, as GSR won't allow them to
join
>in Dimboola.

I thought that the GSR crew change was at Muthroa not Dimboola.
Once again how many passengers would actually want to board the ghan in the
middle of the night in Dimboola rather than the V/Line coach service during
the day