Re: V/Line Pass Worst Service in Australia

Krel <krel4203@netconnect.com.au> wrote in message
378c1e48.22591795@news.netconnect.com.au">news:378c1e48.22591795@news.netconnect.com.au...
> On 14 Jul 1999 03:23:54 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:
>
> ><<<<<<In that case, I hereby sentance you to travel on the North Coast
Mail
> >circa 1975.
> >
> >Actually, I loved riding the mail trains. To me, NSW railways died a
little
> >when the Mail trains finished. I met the most instersting people on these
> >trains.
> >
> Anyone who says that they loved riding mail trains must be crazy!
> Remember foot-warmers? What a great heating system. A slight raising
> of temperature to start with than a gradual diminishing down to
> bl****y freezing within a few short hours.
> Remember hours and hours taken to get nowhere?
> Remember climbing out of a cold mail train at 5 am at some junction
> onto an even colder platform and then into a "Tin Hare" to continue
> onto the branch?
>
> Anyone who 'loved riding the mail trains' should be banished to
> somewhere overseas ;-).
>

> Cheers
>
> Krel
>
> Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.
>
> VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/
>
> Waxy Wary Zany Zebu

How dare you question Marks sanity, I reserve that right<g>.

Actually I agree with Mark, (another first), I also road those trains back
in the dim dark past, I regulary rode (when on leave) the Mixed from Central
to Bowral (or further south) to change over with the Southern Highlands the
mixed would sport a 36 or larger and the SH always a 38.

They were great days I wouldn't give up for any of your XPT's.

I suggest that the comments about V/Line Pass being the worst service in
Australia were either put on the list as a stir or in ignorance of the real
world.

I suggest GSR reserves that claim.

Bob.