Re: V/Line Pass Worst Service in Australia

On 14 Jul 1999 03:23:54 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

><<<<<<In that case, I hereby sentance you to travel on the North Coast Mail
>circa 1975.
>
>Actually, I loved riding the mail trains. To me, NSW railways died a little
>when the Mail trains finished. I met the most instersting people on these
>trains.

Anyone who says that they loved riding mail trains must be crazy!
Remember foot-warmers? What a great heating system. A slight raising
of temperature to start with than a gradual diminishing down to
bl****y freezing within a few short hours.
Remember hours and hours taken to get nowhere?
Remember climbing out of a cold mail train at 5 am at some junction
onto an even colder platform and then into a "Tin Hare" to continue
onto the branch?

Anyone who 'loved riding the mail trains' should be banished to
somewhere overseas ;-).

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu