Re: Melb.Australia Rolling stock

<<<<<There was a plan to do just this about the time the 4D was delivered.>>>>>

Comeng and Hitachi's have been "hooked together" on many occasions over the
years in cases of failure, Comeng's even carry the transition coupling to
acheive this but there was never any plans that I'm aware of to make the two
compatible on a day to day basis, what would be the point?

As I recall, The Met thought about putting Scharfenburgs on the Hitachi's in a
effort to get rid of shunters but the ARU won that one!

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/