Re: 150 years of rail in Aust. - Flying Scotsman

In article <378BE145.7FF650E6@omni.com.au> David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> writes:
>Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:02:13 +1100
>From: David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au>
>Subject: Re: 150 years of rail in Aust. - Flying Scotsman

>Steven Hurst wrote:

>The thing about 2004 is it would be a purely Victorian event. You couldn't
>get a steam loco anywhere near Port Melbourne, except on the back of a truck.

I would disagree with that, IMO if you use that logic then the bicentenial
should have been a purely NSW event.

>A more productive target of our efforts should be AusSteam 2001 for the
>centenary of Federation. If there is to be such an event, planning will
>have
>to start now.

In reality for a realy well organised and promoted event, planning should have
already started especialy the financial side of things.

>Cheers
>David

Dave Malcolm