Re: QR 2172E loco

PETer and susAN wrote:

>  Hi Matt,

<snip>

> Another aspect of this sighting was the load; fuel tankers. In view of the other thread about
> "declining  oil traffic", it seems the QR is prepared to haul oil tankers.

<more snip>

There is a fuel tanker train that runs southbound past my office at
Herston every day. I have often wondered as to where the fuel is sent
north of Brisbane as the tankers Barrington and Palmerston do a weekly
run up the coast calling at Bundaberg, Gladstone, Mackay, Townsville and
Cairns.

Does anyone know where alonng the coast QR carts fuel?

Barry Campbell