Re: QR 2172E loco

PETer and susAN <petan@NOSPAMion.com.au> wrote in message > >> Hi folks,

> >>loco 2172E spotted in Toowoomba Thursday evening. Unsure of the "E"
code??

> >>It departed south from Toowoomba at 8:20 pm with a string of fuel
tankers
> >>heading in the direction of Warwick . It sounded good as it climbed the
> >>hills through the suburbs.

Hi Peter. If it is the loco I am thinking of, it is an illusion (for want of
a better word).  The loco used to be 2172D then had the extra fuel tank put
on for the 'F' modification. When this was done, the 'D' was painted over
and the 'F' painted on in its place. Due to wear and tear, some of the blue
paint covering the lower part of the 'D' has worn away. Combined with the
existing 'F', it looks very much like an 'E' from a short distance. A closer
look will reveal the truth. It had me scratching my head for a while too.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD.

Reply to matticue@corplink.com.au