Re: Speedrail

David Bromage wrote in message <3786FA07.BF300D9@omni.com.au>...
>Derick Wuen wrote:
>> No-one in their right mind would go to London Heathrow and transfer.
>> Striaght through has got to be worth at least oh an hours bikkie points.
>> Last time I went to Paris, preferred Stockholm in winter rather than
>> transfer at Heathrow. Not only more relaxed, but pre-takeoff anti-freeze
>> antics an interesting diversion for an Aussie.
>
>Interestingly, Qantas (25% owned by British Airways) is promoting holiday
>packages which include flying Sydney to Paris, then Eurostar to London.
>
>Cheers
>David

Needless to say I would avoid Qantas' OZ-London-Paris package unless I
needed to go to London also. Otherwise IMHO Thai Airways (plug,plug) is best
current way Oz-Paris, after lamented withdrawal of Air France service
(encore du plug).

International air travel over these distances qualify as a "cruel and
unusual punishment", and the addition of the chaos at Heathrow is an
unwarranted additional instrument of torture if you are not actually trying
to get to London. Almost as bad is Frankfurt.