Re: Speedrail

On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:13:55 +1100, David Bromage
<dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:

>Which is why British Airways bought the Eurostar franchise! Eurostar trains
>will soon be carrying BA "flight" numbers. Lufthansa is also investing
>DM400 million in replacing short haul flights out of Frankfurt with high
>speed ICE trains (note: not Transrapid maglevs!)

  Sheesh I thought code sharing for airlines caused problems, like
booking a Qantas flight only to turn up and find a British Airways
plane and crew. Imagine booking a flight only to turn up and find a
train instead!.

  Intersting question those who like caculating schedules, which mode
is quicker Paris/London from city centre to city centre, Eurostar or a
BA Flight? Assume flights use bus from Paris Montparnasse to Orly
Airport and using Heathrow express as the means of getting to London
centre from LHR.

 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.