Re: Speedrail

Ashley Wright wrote in message <3785ad1e.2265047@news.ozemail.com.au>...
>On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:13:55 +1100, David Bromage
><dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
>

>>Which is why British Airways bought the Eurostar franchise! Eurostar
trains
>>will soon be carrying BA "flight" numbers. Lufthansa is also investing
>>DM400 million in replacing short haul flights out of Frankfurt with high
>>speed ICE trains (note: not Transrapid maglevs!)
>
>  Sheesh I thought code sharing for airlines caused problems, like
>booking a Qantas flight only to turn up and find a British Airways
>plane and crew. Imagine booking a flight only to turn up and find a
>train instead!.
>
>  Intersting question those who like caculating schedules, which mode
>is quicker Paris/London from city centre to city centre, Eurostar or a
>BA Flight? Assume flights use bus from Paris Montparnasse to Orly
>Airport and using Heathrow express as the means of getting to London
>centre from LHR.

---------------
> Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
> www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email.
Delete word 'Spam'.

No-one in their right mind would go to London Heathrow and transfer.
Striaght through has got to be worth at least oh an hours bikkie points.
Last time I went to Paris, preferred Stockholm in winter rather than
transfer at Heathrow. Not only more relaxed, but pre-takeoff anti-freeze
antics an interesting diversion for an Aussie.

Other than a completely biased opinion, I have no facts to help.