Re: Stanford Merthyr Extension closed & Where to find copies of construction acts ?

As far as I know there was no closure act for the Stanford Merthyr line, it
was last used in the 1930's but the line remained until the mid 1940's. The
line at Stanford Merthyr Colliery (or to give its name at closure Stanford
Main No.1 Colliery) lingered on until 1955 when the colliery closed. The
colliery had been owned by J & A Brown & Abermain Seaham Collieries Ltd
(JABAS) since 1930 when that company took over the East Greta Coal Mining
Company. JABAS railed the coal from Stanford Main over the relaid line to
Pelaw Main and then the Hexham.

The correct name of the enabling act was the "Stanford Coal Mine Railway Act
of 1900". As far as obtaining copies of any such acts, I know that a lot of
the NSW parlimentry proccedings prior to 1901 were micrfilmed by the NSW
Mitchell & State Libraries.

Regards
Jeff Mullier
Archive Officer