Q: Stanford Merthyr Extension closed & Where to find copies of construction acts ?

Whilst rereading some of my info about the SMR I could not find any
reference to the details of the closure of the Stanford Merthyr
Extension (SEM) other than a passing reference in the Eardley book
'Railways of the SMR',curiosity overwhelemed me and after consulting
everything else that I have that was written about the SMR I could not
find a date.

Also as the SEM required an Act of Parliament for construction, AFAIK it
would have required an abandonment act - can somebody point me at it ,
or at a site or physical location (I am in Brisbane)  where I can access
old opening and closing acts - I am curious about this and other acts
and would like to add (copies of) them to my collection.

TIA
Kim