Re: Asking for run numbers (Was: Chubb Guards)

Railway Rasputin wrote:

> Derick Wuen wrote:
>

> > >  The question is, will they genuinely listen to a "civilian"? esp if they
> > are
> > >obviously
> > >an enthusiast of some sort to know what a run number is and to ask for it?
> > >
> > >Homer
> > >
> > Ask the guard for a run number and he'd probably tell you to Gunzel off, or
> > words to that effect.
>
> Hey you can only ask. If he doesn't give you the run number phone up and tell
> the security hotline that train that left the Quay at 80:51 to Macarthur had no
> Security. same as a run number.
>
> rgds

I was actually asking about the security hotline people... It's usually on the
phone I get moreproblems with asking for help on railway matters.
I've already had mixed responses with regards to asking for run numbers etc from
rail staff
i've been given plenty of strange looks and refusals, although I was pleasantly
surprised with
the help I got from staff at a city station when I "thought" I saw something
strange on a train,
and I wanted to work out where it went and hence when it would be back. The
platform staff
gave the run number, and concourse staff let me peruse the working timetable after
much
explaining. Thanks to their help I was able to see D 6287 back in service on the
Rhodes
derailment tangara set.

Homer