Re: A question...

On 09 Jul 1999 16:03:49 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

><<<<<<It applies to passenger trains
>consisting of eight vehicles or less, electric suburban trains, light
>locomotives and rail motors.">>>>>>>
>
>Awwww you mean they dropped the reference to "bona's" and "parcel coaches"?
>:-) Progress I guess!
>
>Funny thing about this rule is that according to it a goods train with 2 wagons
>has to wait for the N board!
>
>and clause (e) -

>"Drivers must comply with the speed indicated by the signs over the
>track work operation.  Except as provided in para (c) above, they must
>not increase speed until the locomotive has passed the 'N' sign in
>advance of the outer limits of the track repairs."

Another funny thing - If I'm on a long freight train - say 1300 m - I
can resume normal speed with the rear portion of the train still on
the restriction. Is Vic the only system where you resume normal speed
after the loco passes the board? I think that, in most systems, you
resume after the rear of the train passes the board. On NRs (and some
other locos) you can count elapsed distance so can be sure when the
rear has passed the restriction.

Cheers

Krel

Steamfreight 99 at Victorian Goldfields Railway - July 17-18 1999.

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

Waxy Wary Zany Zebu