Re: Trains stuffed

In article <931527888.863714@woody.hotkey.net.au>,
  "Michael Walker" <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
> >Hillside Trains spokesman Ray Wilson says the situation was serious
and the
> >computer system will be assessed.
> >
> On today's news on GOLD FM, Hillbilly Rail are quoted as saying that
they
> will be replacing the computer system by the year 2002. Wasn't this
going to
> happen anyway due to Federation Square? I am also sure that in the
dark
> murky recesses of my memory (which I know isn't particularly good at
times),
> I recall that the system is to go to tender if it hasn't already. No
doubt
> many PTC computer employees will be / are out of a job but I am happy
to be
> corrected if anyone has more accurate info.

A contract for a new Train Management Facility for METROL has
already been let, the contract also provides for the relocation of the
TMF to another location. The new Facility is supposed to be "on line" in
2000-2001, to allow the partial demolition of the METROL building for
Federation Square.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/