Re: Trains stuffed

Peter R K <peterrk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
7m2d52$qq3$1@toto.tig.com.au">news:7m2d52$qq3$1@toto.tig.com.au...

> The system controlling signals around Flinders Street and the City Loop
went
> down just before 6:00pm.

AFAIK the one of the computer systems at Metrol died.  The computers at
Metrol are actually 3 or 4 separate computers, which handle the Signaller
Interface, Automatic Route Setting, Train Description, & provide the
'office' end for the Remote Control System.  Each computer is then
duplicated, for redundancy.  Don't quote me, but I think A system does CHL &
BLY Loops, B system does NTH & CFD Loops, C system does CHL Area, & D system
does NME Jct & SKN.

I gather that only Hillside was affected?

N.