Re: Steamrail - Self Destruction?

In article <7m2ami$chi$1@eplet.mira.net.au>, "Reuben Farrelly"
<reuben@mira.AA.net> wrote:

> I received one of those mailouts as well.  Interesting given I did not renew
> my membership of Steamrail this year and should have been removed from their
> mailing list...
>
> While I'd be interested and happy to know more about what's going on, I'd
> love to know how my name got put down, and more importantly who sent the
> stuff out.  I don't have a problem with the comments necessarily, but would
> like to know a bit more about where the whole thing originated from.
>

> Forster Family Inc <noelmel@wantree.com.au> wrote in message
> >

> > I received what I perceived to be an official mailout from SRV only to be
> > confronted with pages of waffle by person or persons unknown who did not
> > have the courage of their convictions to either identify his/her self or
> at
> > the very least sign the 'letter'.Who paid for the postage???

As a Steamrail board member, I can tell you only this.  The mailout was
sent out without the knowledge of the board of SRV, and was not paid for
by SRV.  We believe the list used is app 12 months old, but are unsure as
to how it was obtained.  We don't know who sent it, we can only make
guesses.
This kind of letter writing cannot assist SRV in the eyes of the gov't, it
can only be destabilising.  The board has taken action and will be shortly
calling for a special general meeting so that the anonymous letter writers
can justify to the members what they have written and to move to have the
board sacked (if that is what they want.)
In the letter, it states the board should resign on mass and leave it all
to 'them' to sort out.  No board member is considering resignation over
the letter, no-one would step down to meet the wishes of someone who
doesn't have the balls to put their name to their letter.

Is Steamrail self-destructing??  Difficult to say when you don't even know
if the detractors are paid up members of the organisation!!

--
Stuart Thyer
Photographer-Department of Anatomy

The best mistakes are the ones you learn from.
The worst mistakes are the ones you make again.