Re: Kyabram fertilizer traffic

As I come form Tatura, which is not far from Toolamba, or Shepparton (or
Geelong during the semester) I will fill you all in on the Kyabram super
trains.  They do not run any more.  Simple as that, they stoped running about
a year ago, and sense then there has been two wagons sitting in the siding at
A.R Scoones Siding.  The story that I was told about it stopping was that
V/Line Freight was paying to much in compo for wet super, because the tarps
were getting holes in them so they told everyone to go bottom bump or piss
off. Sense the upgrade of one in four sleepers last year this line has seen
more traffic, both block rice trains, and the occasional Echuca/Deniliquin
goods.	On Monday the rice trains will start running again, and I believe
they will be running earlier then previously. I have also heard that this
line will be upgraded again before the regular Echuca/Deniliquin goods will
start to get a higher load limit, and a faster speed.  I don’t know about the
load limit as I saw X, X, T, run a train to Echuca one night.  As for the
speed limit there are several bridges that are in ordinary condition and
restricts some locos to as little as 15km/h, not to mention the one just down
the road form me that leaks.  Well can not complain it is better than early
last year when trains were not meant to go past Kyabram.

Doug.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/