Re: Web Dock Rail line

In article <uLff3.1284$yD2.1432@newsfeeds.bigpond.com> "John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com> writes:
>From: "John Wayman" <trecker@bigpond.com>
>Subject: Re: Web Dock Rail line

>There are hardly many ships entering the Yarra these days. Hence all the
>decay along the yarra and Victoria Dock areas set aside for redevelopment
>into Yuppieville.

>It is about time we had a rail ferry in Victoria, the maximum size would
>probably have to be two tracks wide by two cars long, the Yarra isn't very
>wide (unless it travelled diagonally across).

>A constant shuttle across the river with shunting on each side would be
>fascinating to watch.

>Cheers
>John Wayman

Just thinking about this Webb Dock stuffup , and whether there are any other
examples of this sort of thing ,
ie a Railway line having to be rebuilt to the same destination after having
been pulled up .
The only one I can think of is Lalor to Epping after the Whittilsea line
closed,even then Im not sure whether the rails were pulled up.
Any more ?

MD